Lost Soul Swimming in a Fish Bowl

A lost soul trying to find its way through life.

I immersed myself into the world of poetry today. Guess which one I remembered first? It was 'Nothing Gold Can Stay' by Robert Frost. One of the very first poems I read a while ago. Its the one that I remember by heart, well for the most part. I wouldn't have discovered the wonderful world of poetry if it wasn't for English class. I guess it was good for something after all, even with all the pain it brought.


Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Johnny in The Outsiders got it right. We shouldn't take things for granted, we need to continue to look at the world as if it is brand new to appreciate it. Change is inevitable. Basically the golden moments in our lives may remain in our hearts forever but that is the only place. I love how Robert Frost relates this to nature and at the same time to the trials of life, like youth. I remember writing a poem so I am going to try and find it when I go back home.

1 comments:

That's my favourite poem ever. And very right.

Post a Comment